Thursday, May 18, 2006

Da Vinci-Free Zone

I hereby declare this blog a DaVinci-free zone. I have not read The DaVinci Code. I will not watch the movie. I consider its premise utter tripe not worth one iota of the attention--positive or negative--that it's been given. I am tired of reading articles on what a fascinating story it is--it's just another piece of pulp fiction! I am tired of reading articles on where it's wrong--as if any sentient being needed to have that explained! (Oh, yeah--I am on Earth, aren't I? Never mind.)

Anyway, I will not dignify DVC with anything resembling discussion or analysis of it on this blog. I will not link to anything DVC or anti-DVC. I will make a point of hereafter ignoring anything to do with it. Anyone who wishes to may join me in proactively tossing this bit of sensationalist claptrap on the ash-heap of literary obscurity where it belongs and should, if humanity has not abandoned taste entirely, eventually end up.

As an alternative, I plan to take in Pride and Prejudice. The 5-hour A&E Colin Firth/Jennifer Ehle version. Maybe with popcorn and knitting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bent El Neel said...

heheheh!!! I also haven't read the book although it has been sitting on my bookshelf for over a year now (a friend gave it to me because he thought I was being too closed minded not to read it)

Anyway I heard on Aussie news that it got a "luke warm" reception at the Cannes film festival...they actually said "Davinci Code crucified at Cannes"...lol! who writes these lines anyway?

5:03 PM  
Blogger CMinor said...

Yeah, the critics over here are now panning it on cinematic and literary grounds so maybe it will go out with a whimper!

For a while there, I couldn't seem to open a newspaper, bring up the online news services, or switch on the radio or TV without getting "all DVC, all the time."

6:15 AM  
Blogger CMinor said...

Yeah, the critics over here are now panning it on cinematic and literary grounds so maybe it will go out with a whimper!

For a while there, I couldn't seem to open a newspaper, bring up the online news services, or switch on the radio or TV without getting "all DVC, all the time."

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home