Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Take Heart

Even though St. Valentine's day may not be a historical Saint's day, I thought I'd list a few quotations in the spirit of the day:


I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
-- Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Sonnets from the Portuguese, XLIII

I love you like a fat kid loves cake
-- Curtis James Jackson III

Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
-- William Shakespeare, "Sonnet 116"

Walk my way
And a thousand violins begin to play
Or it might be the sound of your "hello"
-- Erroll Garner/Johnny Burke, "Misty"


I am a prisoner here in the name of the King;
they can take my life, but not the love that I feel for you.
-- Voltaire to Olympe Dunover


“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
-- Theodor Seuss Geisel

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger CMinor said...

Well, okay, so there are two probable but fuzzy St. Valentines and one unverifiable one. Don't you think "unhistorical" is a bit strong a word?

Love you anyways:-)

8:41 AM  
Blogger CMinor said...

BTW, Curtis James Jackson III sounds kinda patrician for a rapper. Does he have an AKA?

3:52 PM  
Blogger DMinor said...

I thought in the company he was keeping, the name he was born with was more appropriate. However, most of the world knows him as "50 cent"

Historical or not, everyone likes a fuzzy Valentine.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home