Tuesday, April 28, 2009

When the hummers fly back to Central Georgia

A hummingbird showed up at the kitchen windows yesterday morning, apparently looking for the nectar feeder that normally hangs there over the summer. Call me Aethelred, for I was unready--there was nothing there but the extra seed feeder I had hung up for winter. I got the hummingbird feeders out of the mudroom, washed off the dust, and made up a batch of sugar water pronto. I'll be watching for her return.

It's heartening when the old customers come back.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous jennybobrocks said...

I know I've heard you use this expression before, but I have to say the first time I read that title I imagined military humvees soaring on large, feathery wings.

10:38 AM  
Blogger CMinor said...

I was thinking of "When the swallows fly back to Capistrano," but I suppose they could stow a Hummer in those transports they sometimes fly in and out of Bush Field. No feathers, though.

I hope you're getting those papers done...

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home