Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beaten to the Punchbowl

It Came From Allen's Brain took a stab at what might happen if the trend of putting Scripture on everyday commercial products (think Testa-mints) extended to wine. He offered such varieties as Naked Noah and Lot's Daughters (which I envision as a blush, with an unpleasant aftertaste.)

However, there is at least one vintner who already incorporates scripture in labeling. About a year ago a Baptist friend of mine gave me a bottle of Lookout Mountain Rosé. On the label was a "caution concerning abuse" and a reference to Ephesians 5:18 (Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.)

In my misspent youth, I attended a wedding reception where I was asked several times if I was "Spirit-filled." Since it was a "dry" reception, I had to answer "not yet, but maybe later."

Thanks to our blogland friend The Ironic Catholic, who pointed us to Allen's Brain's post.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home