Saturday, October 02, 2010

Unnecessarily Heating Up the Climate

I watched a video "commercial" on YouTube the other day  that was about as offensive a piece as I have seen in a while.  I even refuse to link to it (acutally, as it turns out, it has been pulled). The video, produced by a British "climate change" group, was a terrible death fantasy whereby people who did not buy into the climate change dogma were horribly killed, on camera. I saw it as a thinly veiled threat to all who do not believe as they do. How many of these climate-change true believers feel the same way?

According to the climate change worrying site 350.org, the British climate group 10:10 produced and posted the video, but has since taken it off.  The folks at 350, who are attempting to organize a "work day" on October 10th in every country in the world, were also appalled at the video and lamented its effect on their work.I don't know much about 350, and would bet that I would differ with them on most things. But I can respect their disgust and the repugnant video.

If you have not seen the video, be glad that you missed it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Foxfier said...

I considered sending it to my mom, decided not to bug her.

She called me and asked if I'd seen it yet... not going to get out of this one by just pulling the vid.

I can't say I share your respect for their disgust-- at least the "denouncement" I saw at the site you linked was basic "well...that wasn't helpful, and it was gross, but they mean well and those guys are WORSE!"

3:29 PM  
Blogger DMinor said...

Hey Foxfier! I think the video is unfit for Mothers, Fathers and all other humans. I went back a took a look at the 350 post - I see the "they're really good guys, they just made a terrible mistake" premise, but I don't see them demonizing the opposition (didn't have the time while they were distancing themselves from their buddies).

Of course they would be concerned about the use of the film to hurt their cause. All of the things they fear they'll be tarred with can be found in the film. Their "movement" will have to take its lumps.

Thanks for dropping by!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Foxfier said...

Joy of an RSS feed-- I find out every time you post!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home