Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas

He neither shall be borned in house nor in hall,
Nor in a king's palace, but in an ox's stall.

He neither shall be washen in white wine nor in red,
But in the clear spring water with which we were christened.

He neither shall be clothed in purple nor in pall,
But in the fair white linen that usen babies all.

He neither shall be rocked in silver nor in gold,
But in a wooden cradle that rocks upon the mold.


--from As Joseph Was A-Walking,
Appalachian spiritual.

When I was a seeker,
I sought both night and day;
I sought the Lord to help me,
And He showed me the way.

He made me a watchman
Upon the city wall,
And if I am a Christian,
I am the least of all.


---from Go Tell it on the Mountain
African-American spiritual

A blessed Christmas to all.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home