Friday, January 01, 2010

Starting Off the Year With Yard Eco

There was a flock of cedar waxwings in the front yard this morning at about 9:30. I hadn't seen any in quite a while. They didn't spook easily; some of them sat coolly above me in the Bradford pear as I strolled up the front walk. As I got to the door the lot took off and headed across the street to another cluster of trees. Peterson says they eat berries and insects, both of which we have plenty: holly, nandina, juniper, and those oddball little Bradford pear fruits.

A robin has been hanging around the yard; I first noticed it yesterday then again this morning with the waxwings; that's the first this year. If the weatherman is correct, it'll wish it had stayed farther south next week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home